I have to say; it’s been one helluva summer here in Montreal. We were spoiled with sun, heat, and an endless supply of ice cream (ok, so maybe the ice cream bit was just me?). Best of all, I met some pretty fun people at some pretty cool events I attended with Ruchy Skincare. Our fans truly are the best!
But guess what, guys? Fall is almost here. And people who know me best know how much I LOVE fall. It’s curling up on the couch with a good book and a warm cup of tea. It’s sweater weather. It’s flea markets and muffins made with Nutella. It’s also updating your beauty routine for the upcoming cooler months.
Here are my top 5 tips to refresh your skin for fall.
1. Moisturize your face and neck. Dropping temps can wreak havoc on your skin. Moisturize your face and neck both day and night with a lightweight moisturizer that penetrates the skin deeply. Ruchy Skincare Moisturizing Face Serum provides a protective layer that retains more moisture than a cream or lotion.
2. Lotion up your legs. Have I told you about my alligator legs? This year I’m going to take my own advice and start moisturizing my legs each and every night with our Hand & Body Lotion, starting tonight. Add a touch of our Oil Cleanser for an extra layer of intense hydration.
3. Exfoliate. Your face AND your legs. Exfoliating at least once a week is a must in the winter when our skin gets extra dry, tight and loses a little glow. Our Sugar Scrub works wonders sloughing away dead skin cells and nourishing the new skin beneath. We’re currently in the process of testing facial scrubs to add to the Ruchy Skincare family. In fact, sign up for our newsletter and you’ll be the first to know.
4. Don’t forget the SPF. I can’t stress enough the importance of protecting your face from the sun’s beautiful (yet harmful) rays, all year long. You’ll find a great selection of natural lightweight sunscreens at your local health food store. If you’re in Montreal, drop me a line and I’d be happy to suggest a couple of great locations.
5. Get your fruits and veggies. No easy feat in the middle of winter and even fall, which is why I love smoothies. My favourite is a mixture almond milk, spinach, frozen pineapple and flax seeds. Not only is it nutritious, it’s delicious (yes, I went there).
Grab your favourite sweater and start applying these top 5 tips for glowing fall skin. The new season makes its grand entrance this weekend.